What is Breast MRI?
Benefits of Breast MRI:
- It offers a high sensitivity
- Breast MRI is effective for examining dense tissue and breast implants
- It is useful for tumor visualization
- Breast MRI can detect cancer recurrence
- Extended Field of View (FoV) for lymph node and tumor evaluation
- MRI provides unique information that helps women and their surgeons make better treatment decisions. Feedback from surgeons that MRI prior to surgery helps reduce the number of positive or inadequate margins on difficult tumors such as ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) and lobular cancers
Breast MRI with CAD
Lourdes Imaging Network is the only full service imaging center in Acadiana that offers CADstream aided Breast MRI and Biopsy. Breast cancer treatment is a race for time. Our CADstream Aided Breast MRI and biopsy system allows your doctor to view detailed 3-D guided, color-coded images, speeding up and increasing diagnostic accuracy. CADstream Aided Breast MRI applies a color-coding system, identifying areas most predictive for malignancy, possible benign regions and questionable areas, to breast imaging. It allows your physician to take a more accurate biopsy sample, helping to ensure needed treatments are identified and delivered earlier.
Computer-aided-detection (CAD) plays a significant role in improving efficiency, standardization and quality in women's imaging programs. CADstream, the first CAD application designed exclusively for MRI, automates image processing functions and corrects for patient movement during the study. The result is more standardized image processing and analysis, higher quality images and more rapid interpretation of the MRI study. The use of CAD ultimately makes breast MRI more accessible to women who would benefit from this valuable study.